Chef Apprenticeship Program
Program length: 12 weeks (4 days/week, 5 hours/day)
The Snapchef culinary apprenticeship program combines supervised on-the-job training with classroom instruction. Snapchef is the largest culinary training, staffing and placement company in New England. This free program is just one facet of our unique culinary education experience developed by our team of current and former executive chefs, and former faculty from some of the nation’s leading culinary institutions.
With the end goal of launching your culinary career, our chef apprenticeship program equips adults with varying skill levels to develop new technical abilities while earning an income. Snapchef has training facilities in Boston, Providence, Springfield and Worcester, where chef apprentices undergo instruction — taking place in commercial kitchens environments — as well as on-the-job training.
Our cook apprenticeship curriculum covers:
Upon successful completion of the program, apprentices receive the following:
- A Snapchef Certificate
- A ServSafe® Foodhandler Certificate
- Employment opportunities as a result of our corporate partnerships
Snapchef’s culinary apprenticeship program is registered with Massachusetts’ Office of Apprentice Training, a division of the Department of Workforce Development. The program was also recognized by the U.S. Small Business Administration for its curriculum and contribution toward workforce development.
From our Boston Apprentice Program:
To enroll (and remain enrolled), all prospective apprentices must adhere to the following:
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Avoid chronic absenteeism and tardiness
- Attend, participate, and maintain the highest possible grades
- Be involved and show dedication to your training — both in the classroom and on the job
- Show respect for the chefs and skilled journey persons training and supervising you
- Comply with the provision of the Apprentice Agreement
- Follow your sponsor’s written work rules and policies (as part of on-the-job training)
- Complete 240 hours of classroom instruction; and
- Complete at least 2,000 hours of supervised, on the-job learning
If you’re serious about starting your career, apply for Snapchef’s chef apprenticeship program today!