Advanced Skills Cook
Pay Rate: $17.50 – $22.00 Per Hour
Snapchef is New England’s premier, on-demand hospitality staffing provider. We connect qualified, trained, and experienced back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house professionals for temporary or permanent placement in part-time and full-time positions. This includes a full range of entry-level, mid-level, and senior-level roles.
Advanced Skills Cook Position Summary:
- Demonstrate independent kitchen production and satisfy operation performance standards.
- Perform advanced preparation and cooking tasks using mixers, food processors, grills, griddles, ovens, ranges, fryolators, and steamers for primary menu recipe preparations, on the service line, in action stations, and for event services.
- Reports to the supervisor and coordinates assignments with co-workers.
- Demonstrate experience and proficiency in cooking meats to preferred temperatures.
- Demonstrate competence with culinary knowledge, techniques, and recipe preparation.
- Communicates and demonstrates the importance of food safety and facility safety procedures.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Demonstrate progressive performance in culinary disciplines and procedures in all areas of responsibility.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in advanced food preparation
- Food safety certification or equivalent knowledge
- Allergen certification a plus
- Positive attitude, strong communication, and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, and equipment.
- Able to execute assigned tasks with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift, carry, push/pull 25+ lbs.
If you are looking for a place to accelerate your culinary career, apply to Snapchef now!
The best place to find hospitality work, in a Snap
Work where you want, when you want
- Select shifts that are close to where you live
- Job opportunities all across New England
- Stay up to date on opportunities with the SnapAPP
Earn extra cash
- Work shifts that fit in your schedule
- Earn pay weekly
- Earn more if you are eligible to drive
No experience? No problem!
- Fast-track training prepares you to work in the hospitality industry in a week
- Apprenticeship training to help you learn skills to work you way up in a kitchen
- Earn while you learn by taking classes in morning and working in the evening
Accounts we partner with:
- Sports stadiums
- Corporate dining
- Convention centers
- Industrial facilities
- Gain opportunities and experience.
- Flexible hours
- Benefits. (Health insurance and sick pay)
- Work in a variety of locations and find permanent jobs.
- Temporary to permanent job opportunities.
- Network and meet industry professionals.