Summer is salad season—and at Snapchef, we like to make sure our chefs are knowledgeable
about a wide range of unique, fresh and delicious salad options beyond those with just lettuces. Here is a mixed bean salad with tri-colored roasted potatoes that can make a meal unto itself for either lunch of dinner, or a great accompaniment to a summer feast.
- 8 ounces haricot vert (cleaned blanched and chilled)
- 8 ounces baby yellow wax beans (cleaned blanched and chilled)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16 ounces tri-colored fingerling potatoes (washed sliced into coins 1/8″ thick and roasted)
- 1 cup red onion peeled and julienned thin
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese diced small
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Salt
- 4 tablespoons micro basil
- In a mixing bowl, mix potatoes with olive oil and Garlic Salt.
- Spread potatoes on a cookie sheet and bake at 350℉until tender. Set aside and keep at room temperature for the salad.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together green and yellow beans, roasted potatoes, red onion and cheddar cheese.
- Toss together with Roast Shallots-Black Pepper Vinaigrette.
- Season with cracked black pepper and Garlic Salt.
- Serve in a bowl or on 8 individual plates. Garnish with micro basil sprigs.