This summer soup was inspired from the classic Vichyssoise, the Potatoes and leeks were slow cooked in olive oil, cream and chicken broth until very soft and then pureed and served chilled.
In this version we sauté the Potatoes and leeks in olive oil with salt and pepper until very soft and add the cream and stock, simmer for 15 mins, chill and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 45 Minutes Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 2 Cups of Creamer Potatoe (quarter cut, size of a golf ball)
- 2 Cups of Leeks (diced)
- 1 Cup of Heavy Cream
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup of Onion (diced)
- 2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- ¾ Cup of Olive Oil
- ¾ Cup of Scallions (sliced)
Method of Preparation:
- Cut and slice Potatoes 1/8 inch thin
- Cut and slice Leeks 1/2inch dice
- In a medium size sauce pot add ½ the olive oil and leeks.
- Sauté the leeks until soft, add the sliced Potatoes and continue to sauté and stir until soft.
- Add the heavy cream and chicken broth and simmer on low heat for 15 min.
- Then refrigerate until cool
- In 4 soup bowls place 6 oz of soup, and serve with sliced scallions