At Snapchef, we’re dedicated to training – for both our employees and to meet the needs of our clients – always with a holistic view which includes staff morale and proper attitude, in addition to staff and customer safety.
We provide a wide range of both front-of-the-house and back-of-the house food service and hospitality training classes – either at your establishment or at any of our training facilities in Dorchester, Worcester and Springfield. We work one-on-one with you to understand your training needs and develop tailored programs of any depth and duration.
Whether you’re an entrepreneur developing a hospitality concept, a small business owner or a large corporation with multiple locations, we can handle any of your hospitality training needs including – but not limited to – operations, permitting, business plan development, budgeting, wait staff, sommelier, restaurant management, customer service, bartender and bar back, front desk, room service and housekeeping.
Our clients include major universities, hospitals, five-star hotels, major food service corporations, caterers, corporate cafeterias, restaurants and more. Our team of industry professionals has extensive experience in all facets of the hospitality industry and will work closely with you to develop a customized program to meet your specific needs.
Our model of culinary training for employees and clients has revolutionized the industry. Working in partnership with Culinary Solutions International, headed by Karl Guggenmos, WACF master chef and Dean Emeritus of Culinary Education at Johnson & Wales University, we’ve developed a unique and comprehensive culinary training curriculum based on an assessment of our clients’ needs.
The curriculum includes 14 distinct training modules which can be completed over the course of two years. You can contract with us for any or all of these distinct training modules to help train your staff.
- This is THE course for food service managers. We’ll teach you all about food borne illness, how to prevent it and how to train employees in food sanitation, which will help you earn a national accreditation in food safety certification from the National Restaurant Association.
- Whether you need the course or need to re-certify we can come to you or you can come to our Training Center in South Boston. We can train your entire team at once or break it into parts without costly travel.
- We prepare you for the exam, forward the test results by email and hand deliver the Certificates when they arrive.
- We’re proud to provide this ServSafe course geared toward hourly workers. These solutions meet any food handler training needs.
- The course can be tailored or taught in your establishment, and addresses any current sanitation issues your team is experiencing. Your hourly staff will learn basic food safety practices for preparing and serving food.
- We make the course short and to the point. It ranges from 60-90 minutes depending on the size of the group. It gets the whole team to be aware of best practices which provides your management team with compliant employees quickly.
- The course can potentially be transformative for your staff and it can refresh a staff that has become complacent. It’s a concrete action to take after an incident and a great way to avoid one in the first place.
- This class will help decrease your liability score, which will save you money in the long run. The goal of this training is to prepare employees on what to do in a bad situation and how to eliminate personal injuries and illnesses from occurring in the workplace.
- Our highly knowledgeable instructor draws in your employees using videos of small disasters that commonly occur in kitchens, followed by group discussion.
- Course Objectives:
- State who is legally responsible for a safe environment and ensuring safe practices.
- List the requirements for storing hazardous chemicals in an operation.
- Classify different types of fires and fire extinguishers.
- Outline the actions to take in the event of a fire at a restaurant or foodservice operation.
- Identify procedures for preventing slips, trips, and falls in a foodservice operation.
- Outline basic first aid concepts and procedures
Beyond our food service staffing services, we offer a comprehensive range of food service and hospitality training and consulting services. We provide these services in partnership with Culinary Solutions International, a global foodservice and hospitality consulting agency. These services include:
- Evaluating and developing world-class food & beverage programs
- Menu and recipe development and testing
- Foodservice facility development and design consulting
- Educational culinary program development and curriculum design for high schools and community colleges – from certificate programs to associate and bachelor’s degree programs.
- Educational facility development and design assistance
- Development of world-class nutrition and culinary medicine programs
- Development of global relationships with relevant F&B organizations
- Access to highly credentialed F&B professionals and educators
- Planning, organization and judging of culinary competitions
Small Business Training, Support and Kitchen Rental
Are you an entrepreneur with a foodservice or hospitality concept? An established small foodservice or hospitality business looking to expand? Have a food product idea and looking for a kitchen incubator test environment with small business support services?
We offer all of these services and more at our office and kitchen training facilities in Dorchester, Worcester and Springfield, Massachusetts. Our range of services include operations, licensing, permitting, business plan development, budgeting, marketing, branding, social media strategy and public relations. We can also provide training for wait staff, sommelier, menu development, recipe testing, restaurant management, customer service, bartender and bar back, front desk, room service, housekeeping and more.