Annual Salary: $50,000 – $65,000
Snapchef is New England’s premier, on-demand hospitality staffing provider. We connect qualified, trained, and experienced back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house professionals for temporary or permanent placement in part-time and full-time positions. This includes a full range of entry-level, mid-level, and senior-level roles.
Sous Chef Position Summary:
- Manage operations in the absence of the Chef/Kitchen Manager or Executive Chef.
- Perform in all areas of food preparation and service.
- Provide guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Supervise and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Performs food and non-food purchasing and receiving tasks.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes, and procedures related to safety.
- Possess computer skills to perform operational reporting tasks.
- Participate in supporting the budgeting process and managing costs.
- Perform menu development.
- Monitor the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Recognize superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Ensure compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Manage employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Culinary Arts certification/degree or 3 years of equivalent experience.
- ServSafe Manager Certification.
- Allergen Certification.
- Positive attitude, strong communication, and teamwork skills.
- Knowledge of various cooking methods, ingredients, and equipment.
- Able to execute assigned tasks with accuracy and speed.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to lift, carry, push/pull 25+ lbs.
If you are looking for a place to accelerate your culinary career, apply to Snapchef now!