Sous Chef Jobs
Snapchef is New England’s culinary staffing and training leader. Snapchef placement excellence aligns culinary professionals with career opportunities at premium companies.
Support the overall success of the daily kitchen operations. Exhibits culinary talents by personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing all food related functions. Works to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction. Supervises all kitchen areas to ensure a consistent, high quality product is produced. Responsible for guiding and developing staff including direct reports. Must ensure sanitation and food standards are achieved.
Sous Chef Position Summary:
- Manage operation responsibilities in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Performs food and non-food purchasing and receiving tasks.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Possess computer skills perform operational reporting tasks.
- Participates in supporting the budgeting process and managing costs.
- Performs menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
Education – Experience – Certifications
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or 5 years of equivalent experience
- ServSafe Manager Certification
- Allergen Certification
If you are looking for a place to start growth in your culinary career, apply now! We can’t wait to meet you.
Build your passion into a career- Be a part of a team working to cook up change!
Accounts we partner with:
- Sports stadiums
- Corporate dining
- Convention centers
- Industrial facilities
- Free culinary training.
- Gain opportunities & experience.
- Flexible hours (early mornings, mid-day, evenings, & weekends).
- Benefits (Health insurance/Sick pay).
- Work in a variety of locations & find permanent jobs.
- Network + meet industry professionals