Snapchef is New England’s premier, on-demand hospitality staffing provider. We connect qualified, trained, and experienced back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house professionals for temporary or permanent placement in part-time and full-time positions. This includes a full range of entry-level, mid-level, and senior-level roles.
Sous Chef Position Summary:
- Manage operation responsibilities in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Performs food and non-food purchasing and receiving tasks.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes, and procedures related to safety.
- Possess computer skills to perform operational reporting tasks.
- Participates in supporting the budgeting process and managing costs.
- Performs menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or 5 years of equivalent experience
- ServSafe Manager Certification
- Allergen Certification
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Able to executive assigned tasks with accuracy and speed.
- Reliable transportation.
If you are looking for a place to begin your culinary career, apply to Snapchef now!