Snapchef is New England’s premier virtual staffing solution, connecting job seekers to job opportunities. We find qualified, trained, and experienced culinary professionals for temporary, permanent, part-time, and full time. This includes a full range of entry-level, mid-level, and executive chefs.
Sous Chef Position Summary:
- Manage operation responsibilities in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Performs food and non-food purchasing and receiving tasks.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes, and procedures related to safety.
- Possess computer skills to perform operational reporting tasks.
- Participates in supporting the budgeting process and managing costs.
- Performs menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations, and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Associates Degree in Culinary Arts or 5 years of equivalent experience
- ServSafe Manager Certification
- Allergen Certification
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Able to executive assigned tasks with accuracy and speed.
- Reliable transportation.
If you are looking for a place to begin your culinary career, apply to Snapchef now!
Accounts we partner with:
- Sports stadiums
- Corporate dining
- Convention centers
- Industrial facilities
- Gain opportunities and experience.
- Flexible hours
- Benefits. (Health insurance and sick pay)
- Work in a variety of locations and find permanent jobs.
- Temporary to permanent job opportunities.
- Network and meet industry professionals.