Looking for a perfect Holiday party or game day hors d’oeuvre? These easy to make tartlets are sweet and tangy with just a hint of savory flavor. These crowd pleasers make a big impression. And just like chips, it’s hard to have just one!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large pears, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350°. In a skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add pears; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender.
Stir in honey and salt; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until pears are lightly browned. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Stir in cheeses.
Place tart shells on an ungreased baking sheet. Fill each with 1-1/2 teaspoons filling; sprinkle with walnuts.
Bake 6-8 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.