Good day to sit in a warm cozy house with this fresh delicious soup which warms up your soul during these cold days.
Total Time: 50 Minutes Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- ½ Cup of Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 4 cups of Onions (Julienne, sliced)
- 1 Large White Onion
- 4 (10.5 ounce) Cans of Beef Broth (using Au Jus)
- 2 Tablespoons of Dry Sherry (optional)
- 1 Teaspoon of Dried Thyme
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- 4 Slices of French Bread
- 4 Slices of Provolone Cheese
- 2 Slices of Swiss Cheese (diced)
Method of Preparation:
- Melt butter with olive oil in an 8 quart stock pot on medium heat.
- Add onions and continually stir until tender and translucent. Do not brown the onions.
- Add beef broth, sherry and thyme. Season with salt and pepper, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oven broiler.