This summer Beet salad is light tasty and very easy to prep using only 2 small sauce pots. The dressing is made from the beet cooking liquid. Colorful and easy to prepare.
Yield: 8 – 10 salads
Total Time: 45 Minutes Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 6 Golden Beets (size of a tennis ball)
- 1 Red Beet (size of a tennis ball)
- 8 Cups of Baby Arugula
- ½ Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar
- ½ Cup of Sesame Oil
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Bunch of Scallions
- 1 Pound of Goat Cheese
- 1 Cup of Olive Oil
- 2 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Cup of Water
Method of Preparation:
- Peel the golden beet first and cut in half. Then cut in 8s like a pizza shape.
- Repeat cutting methods with the red beet.
- In separate pans add half the sugar in each, a teaspoon of salt and 1 cup of water.
- Add beets and cook on low heat simmering until tender. Remove beets and refrigerate.
- Continue to simmer the cooking liquid until a syrup, remove and add rice vinegar to taste for the dressing. Both beet dressings.
- Warm the goat Cheese at room temp for 30 mins and add the sesame oil and red beet dressing, blend with a rubber spatulas, store in refrigerator for salad.
- On 8 plates, smear goat cheese down first on plate, in a small salad bowl toss arugula and beet dressing. Season with salt and pepper as needed. Then place red and golden beets in a line on the goat cheese and place the salad on tops.