Serves: 4 People
Total Time: 1 Hour Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Arugula Basil Pesto
- 4 Cups of Arugula
- 2 Cups of Fresh Basil
- 1/4 Cups of Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/3 Cup of Oliv Oil
- 1/2 Cup of Pesto Sauce
- 9 Ounce Salmon Filet
- 1 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Pepper
- 6 Eggs
- 2 Puff Pastry
Method of Preparation:
- Place arugula, basil, parmesan cheese, garlic cloves, lemon juice, salt, and pepper into a food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
- Slowly stream in the olive oil while the machine is running.
- Blend until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a small bowl, strain pesto and set pesto oil aside.
- Unfold and unroll one of the puff pastries. Roll the sheet out into an 11 x 16 inch piece and place on a lined sheet pan.
- Spread pesto onto the puff pastry and place salmon on top of it.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper and spread pesto on top of the salmon.
- Place the second sheet of puff pastry over the salmon and press both of the pastries together around with your fingers.
- Cut into a fish design around the pastries.
- Use a knife to indent the head and fins onto the fish design.
- Lightly use the tip of a spoon to make the scales along the back of the fish.
- Egg wash the pastry using a pastry brush.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Once out of the oven, brush the pastry with the pesto oil and serve.
- Garnish with a lemon and basil and serve.