Serves: 4 people
Total Time: 15 minutes Prep Time: 12 minutes Cook Time: 3 minutes
- 1 Fennel Bulb, Shave, Save the Fronds
- 1 Navel Orange, Supreme Cut, Save Juice and Zest of the Orange.
- 1 Bag of Arugula
- 1 Pound of #1 Grade Yellowfin Tuna, Cut Into Blocks
- 4 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- Canola Oil, as needed
- Salt and Pepper, as needed
- Coriander, as needed
Method of Preparation:
- Combine the olive oil, orange juice, and the salt and pepper to make the vinaigrette.
- Combine the fennel and arugula in a bowl. Drizzle some of the vinaigrette into the mixture and lightly toss.
- Coat your tuna blocks with coriander, salt, and pepper. Sear in a pan on high heat until a crust forms on the courtside of the tuna. This should take about 30 seconds per side.
- Slice the tuna into 1/4 inch slices.
- On the left side of an oval plate, mound the arugula and fennel mixture.
- Arrange the orange supremes towards the front of the mound.
- On a diagonal, arrange the shingles of tuna on the right side of the plate.
- Top the tuna with fennel fronds, orange zest, and a light drizzle of the vinaigrette.
- Enjoy with a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc on a beautiful summer day.