Total Time: 45 Minutes Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 box of dried pasta
- ½ cup of diced pancetta bacon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large zucchini diced/sliced
- 1 small eggplant, diced/chopped
- 4 oz of fresh spinach
- 5 quartered mushrooms quartered
- 1 red onion, halved and cut into wedges
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 ½ cups of tomato pasta sauce
- 2/3 cup of pitted black olives
- ¼ cup of chicken style liquid stock
- 2 oz parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1/3 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 spring of basil
- Salt and pepper
Method of Preparation:
- Cook pasta in a large pot with boiling salted water, following box directions, until tender. Drain and return pasta to pan.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook bacon for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over high heat. Add mushrooms, zucchini, and eggplant. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender. Transfer into a bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan over high heat. Add red bell peppers, red onion, and garlic. Cook, stirring for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion and peppers soften.
- Add the cooked pancetta, pasta sauce, and chicken stock to the peppers, onions, and garlic. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetable mix, spinach, and pasta to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Place into a bowl.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and chopped Italian parsley
- Garnish with Basil