The Snapchefs are always sharpening their skills with new and exciting recipes. Begin your weekend with this delicious recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken!
- 3-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded to ½ inch thickness
- and chopped into 1 inch pieces
- ⅓ cup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- ½ white or yellow onion, chopped
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar (may sub white vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion salt*
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch + 2 tablespoon cold water
First prepare the sauce. Add sugar, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic powder, onion salt, and ketchup to a medium sauce pan. Stir and bring to a boil. In a small bowl whisk together the 1 tablespoon corn starch and cold water until dissolved. Add to sauce pan and stir until thickened, then reduce to low heat. Add chicken pieces and corn starch to a large zip lock bag. Seal and shake to coat chicken. Drizzle a large pan or skillet with oil. Add coated chicken. Sauté over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
Add peppers and onions. Continue to sauté over medium heat until chicken is browned and cooked through.
Add sauce to chicken and peppers. Stir to coat well. Serve warm with cooked rice.