NUTLESS PESTO RECIPE
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves (from about 3 large bunches)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- Combine first 3 ingredients in blender. Blend until paste forms, stopping often to push down basil. Add both cheeses and salt; blend until smooth
- Transfer to small bowl. (Can be made 1 day ahead)
- Top with ½-inch of olive oil and chill
- 1 pound of potato Gnocchi – purchased from any Italian market
- 1½ pounds raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cups fresh corn, shucked from the cob before cooking
- 2 – 3 tablespoons pesto
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Cook Gnocchi. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Fill the same pot with 2 quarts of water and bring to a boil. Add shrimp and corn and cook for 3 – 4 minutes, until the shrimp is just cooked through and the corn is tender crisp. Drain and pour into bowl with gnocchi.
- Add 2 tablespoons of pesto, shrimp and corn to the gnocchi, and toss to coat. Taste and add more pesto if desired. To serve, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.