In honor of national breakfast month, our talented in-house chef Will McDonough has outdone himself again with a creative, healthy, nutritious breakfast recipe that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds. Try it out and let us know what you think!
- 1/2 cup dry quinoa, rinsed well
- 1 (15 ounce) can lite coconut milk
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup diced mango
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened coconut chips
- In a small pan, combine the quinoa, lite coconut milk, and thinly sliced banana.
- Bring to a boil. Stir, then reduce the heat and cover.
- Simmer until the quinoa is cooked and the texture becomes creamy, 15-20 minutes. Stir occasionally during the cooking time. The banana will “melt” into the quinoa during the cooking time and the stirring will help this.
- Meanwhile, place the coconut chips in a small dry skillet. Heat on medium heat a few minutes until the chips are golden brown.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add it to two bowls and top with the mango and coconut chips.