Here is an exciting and delicious recipe for the beginners in your kitchen. Blueberry Muffins are always a welcome sight on the breakfast table. Start your Saturday morning this weekend with this fun dish!
- (Makes 12 regular size muffins)
- 1 1/2 cups (all-purpose flour)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, plus 1 tablespoon for muffin tops
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 to 8 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries (about 1 cup frozen blueberries)
- Preheat oven to 400º F (Makes 12 regular size muffins)
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Use a measuring cup (I use a glass measuring cup) that holds at least 1 cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk (about 1/3 to a 1/2 cup of milk).
- Add vanilla and whisk until combined.
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour and sugar then use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. (The muffin batter will be pretty thick).
- Add blueberries (I like to freeze my blueberries first so they don’t fall apart when I mix them. You can just buy frozen if you want too) and use a spatula or spoon to gently fold the blueberries into the muffin batter.
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about ½ full using your ice cream scoop. I have these at ome and I use the biggest one to help filling up the muffin cups easier. (The 3 pack is on sale!)
- Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes