This is a new fun way of cooking salmon. This recipe is interesting to prepare and a very attractive presentation .The spring roll wrapper allows use to blend flavors together and crisp the item in a neat package with out deep frying. FAST ,FUN & TASTY but it’s also one of the most nutritious meals on the planet High in omaga 3 fatty acids. The health benefits high protein content, low in calories, rich in health fats, iand super fun to eat!
Yield: 4 servings
Total Time: 35 Minutes Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 -5 Ounce Piece of Salmon (skinless)
- 2 Cups of Red Yams (1/8 inch circle sliced)
- 3 Large Garlic Cloves (minced)
- 1 Tablespoon of Crushed Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon of Turmeric
- A Pinch of Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Kosher Salt
- ¼ Cup of Fresh Scallions Leaves (sliced)
- 4 Each of Spring Roll Wrapper Paper
- 1 Cup of Fresh King Oyster Mushrooms (sliced)
- ½ Cups of Safflower Oil or Other Neutral Oil (for frying)
- Kosher Salt To Taste
- 4 Each of Bok Choy (split)
- 4 Lemons (sliced)
Method of Preparation:
- First mix the seasoning, in a small bowl mix the fennel seeds, turmeric, cayenne, salt, and scallions. Then prepare the salmon by removing the skin and cutting 4 to 2.5 inch squares (salmon is about 1 inch thick) and sprinklings the seasoning over it. Now shingle the thin sliced yams on top of the salmon square and sprinkle more of all the spices and salt on it.
- Place the spring roll wrappers on a dry surface and place the salmon in the middle of the wrapper potato side down first. Now fold over the extra wrapper on the top, this top will become the bottom when placing in the sauté pan on the next step.
- Now slice the king oyster mushrooms paper thin and split the bok choy in half. Save for last step.
- Now Heat up a sauté pan on medium high heat with 1/8 cup of safflower oil. Now place the salmon wrap in the pan folded side down first.
- Let this cook for 3 min or until golden brown and then turn on the other side.
- After turning place the mushrooms and the bok choy in the pan and season with salt and pepper. Allow to cook for 5-6 min on this side to fully cook Salmon through.
- Add the lemon sliced for 30 sec and remove all to a dinner plate.
- Place the salmon on the plate first and the bok choy on both sides, place the mushrooms on top of the salmon with the sliced scallions.
- Serve hot.